Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Froyo Shop Warning Signs

Before I visit a froyo shop for the first time or taken a bite froyo, I already have an idea of whether the froyo is going to be good or bad. After visiting hundreds of froyo shops, I’ve noticed some patterns. In general, I have my doubts about the quality of froyo if I see any of the following:


  • Selling froyo isn’t their primary business. If they sell many things besides froyo, then they probably aren’t spending enough time perfecting their froyo operations. I haven’t had much luck with froyo at gas stations and supermarkets but I have had great froyo from quality restaurants (good food and good froyo).
  • Old fruit or lack of fruit offered as toppings. If the fruit isn’t fresh, I doubt the froyo is fresh. The shop doesn’t care about freshness.
  • Dirty, rundown look. If they haven’t invested in the shop, they probably haven’t invested in good froyo and proper machine maintenance. They’re probably cutting corners in other ways.
  • More than one machine isn’t operational (is out of order) or the toppings bar looks empty. See the previous point.
  • Machine hasn’t been cleaned in a long time. With certain machine models, you can tell how many days it’s been since the machine has been cleaned. If the machine isn’t cleaned regularly, it isn’t being properly maintained and this affects the frozen yogurt quality.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: