Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Streets of Fro-yo


Fro-yo girl here. Once a year I talk about fro-yo hot spots, cities where the most fro-yo activity is occurring. Today I wanted to recognize specific streets in San Francisco. Which SF street has the most fro-yo shops?

Right now it's Fillmore St., so let's take a look at the fro-yo shops on Fillmore.

* JUBILI - 1515 Fillmore St. Now that Yogurt Bar has closed, Jubili is the oldest tart fro-yo shop in SF. The fro-yo hasn't changed much recently (same flavors) but they added cupcakes and cookies (a line called Velveteen Sweets). I wonder why they stopped coming out with new fro-yo flavors?
* FRAICHE - 1910 Fillmore St. Fraiche's organic fro-yo is really great right now and their homemade mochi cubes are the best. I like how the mochi is bigger and fresher than the mochi at other fro-yo shops. Their newish pumpkin flavor is amazing and I like those yogurt muffins too.
* YOPPI YOGURT - 2208 Fillmore St. They opened up recently and brought self-serve fro-yo to this street. It's a cute shop (like those Yoppi characters) though on the small side for a fro-yo shop.
* ROYAL GROUND COFFEE - 2060 Fillmore St. Okay, it's not a fro-yo shop but they do have one machine. I would avoid it. Fro-yo feels like an afterthought here.

Quickly on Fillmore had a frozen yogurt sign but when I went inside, they didn't have fro-yo.

Union Street and Irving Street are also good streets for fro-yo.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

No comments: