Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Athenos Greek Yogurt Review



Fro-yo girl here. Hummus maker Athenos (a Kraft company) recently launched a line of Greek yogurt. I found their yogurt at Vons for 99 cents (on sale, regular price is $1.50). Vons had three flavors: strawberry, blueberry and honey. It also comes in peach. The single serving yogurt comes in a divided tub.

* Honey Greek yogurt: the fat free Greek yogurt is thick, creamy and sour (plain) and the honey was very sweet and sticky. It was a hassle to blend the sticky honey into the yogurt. I like the pre-blended honey yogurt better. The price is quite reasonable compared to the competition and I found an online coupon.

While I was in Vons, I noticed Yoplait came out with a line of yogurt called Splitz. It's meant to taste like a sundae and the package said to try it frozen.

4 out of 5 stars

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

7 comments:

Bonnibella said...

I think the refrigerated honey is harder to stir.

Lolia S said...

It's not too bad but not that easy to stir in either. I found some spoonfuls were too sweet (too much honey). I had to stir the honey in for a long time so that didn't happen.

- FYG

Anonymous said...

I got a freebie today. It was okay, but the top was a royal pain to get off.

Lolia S said...

Free yogurt - lucky you :-)

- FYG

J Jo said...

Two days in a row opening new packages of Athenos (Kraft) Greek Yogurt - with expiration dates off in the future and....BLUE MOLD in the peach and blueberry. The honey ones were not moldy.

J Jo said...

Second day in a row opening a new package of Athenos (Kraft) Greek Yogurt with expirations in the future and guess what....BLUE MOLD...YUCK!!!... these were the fruit ones - peach and blueberry...the honeys were not moldy and tasty. I won't buy again though...many other brands out there with comparable or better taste.

Lolia S said...

Ewww, gross. Sorry. I think I'll avoid Athenos yogurt from now on. It was only okay.

- FYG