Saturday, November 20, 2010

Whole Foods Fro-yo Report


Fro-yo girl here. When I read that the new Whole Foods in San Jose would feature Straus organic soft serve fro-yo, I knew I had to see it for myself. The fro-yo is a bit hard to spot (look for it at the Coffee Bar). They had one flavor and one size (plain tart) with 7 types of toppings (no mochi). Seasonal fruit was listed as a topping and when I asked about it, they only had blueberries. The market is filled with fresh fruit and they can only offer blueberries? Shocking.

Fro-yo prices: $2.99 without toppings, $3.99 with toppings


They didn't have a proper fro-yo cup. The fro-yo was served in a gelato cup with a gelato spoon. Very disappointing. It wasn't that good either - the texture wasn't smooth enough and it was overly icy. Also the person doing the swirling did not have good swirling skills.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* WHOLE FOODS: 1146 Blossom Hill Road, San Jose, CA

No comments: