Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One Flavor Fro-yo Shops


Fro-yo girl here. I was really surprised to find out that Yoberri in Chicago only has one flavor of fro-yo (plain/natural/original). While other fro-yo shops try to offer as many fro-yo flavors and toppings as possible, it's unusual to find a place with just one fro-yo flavor. Imagine finding an ice cream shop with one flavor or a fro-yo shop with one type of topping.

So far I've encountered three one-flavor fro-yo shops (listed below: Flurt, Zuckersuss, Yoberri). The one flavor is original/natural for all three. This is the most popular tart flavor and I've always like to compare the quality of the original tart flavor across shops. If the original tart isn't good, the other tart flavors usually aren't good either. If I could only offer one fro-yo flavor, I would offer original...but I don't think one flavor offers enough variety for most people.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* YOBERRI: 2814 N. Halsted St., Chicago, CA
* ZUCKERSUSS: 1081 B St., Hayward, CA
* FLURT: 284 3rd Avenue, New York, NY

No comments: