Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fro-yo Finds at Marina Foods



Fro-yo girl here. This was my first visit to the new Marina Foods supermarket in Fremont and of course I was on the look out for fro-yo finds. They have plain fro-yo popsicles! They're called Yogo Bar and a pack of nine plain popsicles sells for $4.59. The box says no artificial flavors or colors. I definitely wanted some but I wasn't going to be home for hours.



I also found a new brand of mochi called Awon. Marina had two flavors, plain and green tea, $1.99 for a 10.6 oz. package. The package shows the mochi on fro-yo, in drinks and sprinkled on a dessert. Awon mini mochi is manufactured in Taiwan. The green tea mochi is soft and sweet, with a surprisingly strong green tea (and good) flavor. Yum. I'm going to put some on fro-yo soon.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* MARINA FOODS: 46196 Warm Springs Blvd, Fremont, CA

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can also find Awon mini mochi in San Francisco. Manila Oriental Market on Mission St. near Silver Ave. has it. Also, a market on Washington near Grant St. in SF's Chinatown has it.

Anonymous said...

Awon mochi is not as good as Dae Doo Food's mochi.

Lolia S said...

Thanks Anonymous. You really know where the mochi balls are at! I've never been to Manila Oriental Market. I need to try the plain kind to compare it fairly to Dae Doo Foods. I think Awon's mochi are pretty good.

- FYG

bananas. said...

you and your mochi ;)

the boy had some the other day on his fro-yo. not gonna lie, i stole a couple when he wasn't looking. haha.

ps. the charlotte cookie was from specialty's in SF.