Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pinkberry Palo Alto Opens, Overheard New Location News


Fro-yo girl here. I'm liking Pinkberry much more now that they added some new toppings, created some new fro-yo flavors and added the unlimited toppings policy. Adding the mini size and the satisfaction guaranteed “if your masterpiece does not inspire chilly bliss let us swirl you a new one" are customer friendly moves too.

I always thought that Stanford Shopping Center would be the perfect location for them. About a year ago, Orange Tree was supposed to open a location there (someone told me they saw a sign, I never saw the sign but it was listed on the Orange Tree website). I'm glad that didn't open because their frozen yogurt just isn't good and not at the level of Stanford Shopping Center (the best outdoor shopping center in the Bay Area).



I missed opening day (yesterday) but they were still handing out free fro-yo with as many toppings as you asked for today (free till closing time today). While I was there, I noticed they were taking pictures of some Pinkberry execs behind the counter. The Pinkberry execs occupied the two tables in the shop and they were talking loudly about their new location in Westfield San Francisco Center. I wanted to eavesdrop longer but there wasn't any place to sit. Anyway, they said it would be by the food court and Bristol Farms. Westfield is going to remodel part of the lower level. Sur La Table will be moving in along with Pinkberry.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* PINKBERRY STANFORD: Stanford Shopping Center, 180 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe they're opening at the old Cefiore spot.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I didn't read the part that said it will be at the food court by Bristol Farms. I need to head to the SF Center to look for their future location.

Anonymous said...

Cool Sur La Table is coming to Westfield SF. I love Sur La Table but I don't like the price.

Lolia S said...

I am not sure if you can see anything yet. It sounded like they were looking at drawings of what it will look like. The renovation may not have begun. It's going to occur around Peet's - maybe that other side of Bristol Farms w/ drinks and housewares will close?

- FYG