Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pinkberry vs. Red Mango: The Chocolate Wars


Fro-yo girl here. With Red Mango and Pinkberry introducing chocolate fro-yo around the same time, this feels like their pomegranate fro-yo war, part 2. Here's how the two compare.

* PINKBERRY'S DARK CHOCOLATE FRO-YO: Thick and glossy, their fro-yo is very chocolatey and rich. It should suit those who like traditional tasting chocolate. I'd top it with almonds or peppermint shavings. The Pinkberry employee recommended having chocolate and coconut fro-yo side by side.

* RED MANGO'S COCOA FRO-YO: Creamy and tangy, with a lighter chocolate taste, it's good for people who enjoy the taste of real yogurt.

Which one would I choose? Red Mango. It tastes more like fro-yo (Pinkberry's version is sweeter and more ice cream-like) and comes with complimentary organic chocolate sauce! Enjoy it while you can because it's a limited edition flavor.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'd go with Red Mango over Pinkberry, too...mmm. I want to try the new chocolate flavor. :)

Lolia S said...

I'm actually not a chocolate fan - at all, so I couldn't eat a cup of chocolate fro-yo. I wonder what a chocolate person would say if they tried both.

- FYG

stellaincognita said...

Unrelated, but: Any word on when Blush Walnut Creek is opening?

Lolia S said...

It's too early to say, Stella. Blush will keep me informed and I'll pass along that info. I haven't driven by the location - it's by Whole Foods in WC.

- FYG

stellaincognita said...

Yay, thank you! Can't wait for them to open!