Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ideal Number of Toppings and What People Like Best about Self-Serve Fro-yo


Fro-yo girl here. I recently posed the question: How many toppings would you want on your perfect cup of fro-yo? Readers favor simplicity. More people would rather have no toppings (13%) than five or more toppings (11%).

Two or three toppings clearly the winner with 58% of the vote. My perfect cup of fro-yo would include two toppings: one type of fruit and mochi (two toppings). The only time I’m seriously tempted to get more than two toppings is when the shop has more than one flavor of mochi or they offer a deal for three toppings (but not two toppings). My perfect bowl of fro-yo would also be eaten in a cute cup with a cute spoon (my smurf blue fro-yo cup fits the bill).

I also asked readers what they liked best about self-serve fro-yo? The results surprised me; I thought that price and having more sweet flavors would be more popular. The overwhelming majority chose the ability to combine more flavors and toppings as the attribute they liked best (61%). The next most popular attribute was the ability to adjust the fro-yo to toppings ratio (15%).

Are the results contradictory? Or could it be that most respondents think of full serve fro-yo when they think of the perfect cup of fro-yo? I’m hopeful that this is the case. Yes, full serve fro-yo shops usually have fewer flavors and toppings but the good ones focus more on quality than quantity (whereas the self-serve fro-yo tends to be about quantity rather than quality).

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

2 comments:

bananas. said...

2-3...that's what i like. any more than that gets me out of control. lol.

Lolia S said...

Me too...except when there's flavored mochi. I like extra mochi on my fro-yo.