Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Great Pumpkin


Fro-yo girl here. Every October, food establishments across the country bring back the beloved pumpkin and Half Moon Bay holds its annual Art & Pumpkin Festival where the largest pumpkin in the land is the star of the Pumpkin Parade (http://www.miramarevents.com/pumpkinfest). This year’s winner from Des Moines weighed in at 1,658 pounds!

I finally tried Blush’s organic pumpkin fro-yo and it was so amazingly good that I felt inspired to blog about it. The sweetness of Blush’s fro-yo complements the pumpkin and spice flavors. The flavor has an artful balance of real yogurt flavor/tang, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spices. Nothing dominates or overwhelms. The texture is just right too: thick and smooth. They recommend having it with crushed graham cracker pie crust and whipped cream but I’m sure it would be good with mochi, chocolate chips, coconut (they have toasted and regular coconut), any cereal, granola, almonds, etc.

It’s been a busy time for pumpkin fro-yo with Red Mango’s new pumpkin spice flavor, Cefiore’s pumpkin spice flavor announced this week, pumpkin at YoCup Rincon, Culture’s pumpkin, and so forth.

The season wouldn’t be complete without watching It’s A Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown at least once (October 28, ABC, 8 PM). Even better, eat pumpkin fro-yo while watching It’s A Great Pumpkin.



You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* BLUSH ORGANIC FROZEN YOGURT: 4640-A Tassajara Road, Dublin, CA
* BLUSH SAN FRANCISCO: 219 King Street, San Francisco, CA
* BLUSH MILPITAS: 489 E. Calaveras Blvd, Milpitas, CA (getting pumpkin fro-yo soon)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nubi SF has pumpkin flavor. I had it today. It's not as good as Blush's. I will wait till the pumpkin flavor hits yoCup Market St. I don't have time to go to the Rincon location on weekdays. I wish it was open on weekends.

Anonymous said...

where did you find out that Cefiore is coming out with a pumpkin flavor? they didn't announce it on twitter or facebook so where did you heard this news from.

Lolia S said...

It was announced by Cefiore Sunset: http://twitter.com/CefioreSunset

Lolia S said...

I know how you feel...I like Rincon YoCup but I find it very hard to go there on weekdays. I may have had Nubi pumpkin fro-yo last year...not sure though.

stellaincognita said...

Are all the pumpkins you listed tart?
I've had two sweet ones: Yogurt Park's and Yogurt Harmony's. Both are actually quite good; YoHarm's, however, wins out; it's really spicy and more subtly sweet than YoPark's. Hopefully I'll eventually make it to Culture and Blush :)

Anonymous said...

That's for the LA location. I know for sure that Cefiore Westfield SF might not have it.

Lolia S said...

Cefiore seems to introduce new flavors in LA first...but if that pattern holds, pumpkin spice will eventually come to the Bay Area

Lolia S said...

Dear Stella,

I haven't tried Cefiore's pumpkin so I can't say whether it's tart or sweet. Red Mango, Blush and Culture have a tart pumpkin fro-yo. I think YoCup's is sweet. I heard Golden Spoon has a good sweet pumpkin. I'm sure I'd like Yogurt Harmony's. I haven't tried it yet.

bananas. said...

i may be the only person that doesn't like pumpkin flavored anything...actually i lie, i do enjoy the pumpkin spiced beer @ my favorite brewery but that's it.