Thursday, September 10, 2026

Matcha Ren Rebrands as United Matcha, New Menu Includes Greek Froyo





Fro-yo girl here. Frozen yogurt is back at the Shops at Santa Anita! It was last spotted inside Kirin Buffet which closed in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I noticed the Matcha Ren shop changed names. It’s the same business but they rebranded as United Matcha and changed the menu. The new menu has matcha mochi crepes, kakigori shaved ice, parfaits, and shiratama ice cream.

Plain Greek frozen yogurt replaced Hokkaido milk soft serve on the menu. The only toppings listed on the menu were three drizzles (strawberry, mango, Kuromitsu), and mochi (these are big Japanese rice balls, not the packaged Korean mochi).

Prices:

  • Cup or cone, $6.90
  • Drizzles, $0.50 each
  • Mochi, 3 pieces for $1

The cup was small – what I would consider to be a mini. The yogurt was better than I expected – creamy, smooth, with a milky flavor, mild tang, and sweet finish. Personally, I would prefer a stronger yogurt flavor and more tang. It wasn’t crazy sweet. The rice balls were nice and chewy.

The parfaits come with other toppings like tea jelly, toasted rice cereal, red bean paste, and matcha castella. I wonder why these aren’t available as soft serve toppings. Or are they?

Westfield Santa Anita, rebranded as the Shops at Santa Anita, was once the home of Nubi Yogurt, Tutti Frutti, Cefiore, and Sweet XO.

Matcha Ren in San Jose and Costa Mesa are now known as United Matcha (and serve Greek froyo).

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* UNITED MATCHA: 400 S Baldwin Ave, Arcadia, CA 91007

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: