Thursday, August 8, 2024

Froyo Shops vs. Acai Shops: The One Thing That’s Better About Acai Shops

 

Go Greek Yogurt


Fro-yo girl here. It’s no secret that I love froyo, but I’ve been hearing about acai since I first started this blog in 2008. The first time I mentioned acai on this blog was in 2008, because Cefiore had a delicious froyo flavor called acai berry.

I avoided acai bowls for many years because most acai bases are made with bananas (I loathe bananas). However, most acai places also have other bases, some of which do not contain bananas (e.g., pitaya, matcha, coconut). I usually get the pitaya base, which is icy and not as flavorful as a good froyo.

There is one thing I like about acai shops: the toppings. The fruit is fresher. For example, the cut fruit at froyo shops sits in the toppings bar for I don’t know how long. When I want strawberries in my pitaya bowl, the strawberries are sliced after I place my order. Also, acai shops have rich nut butter sauces that most froyo shops do not offer. And acai shops have healthy toppings that I actually like, such as hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, goji berries, cacao nibs, etc.

If you like your froyo, want a wider variety of healthy toppings, and are in Los Angeles, check out Go Greek Yogurt and Yoga-urt (both have multiple locations). They both offer healthier toppings and excellent frozen yogurt. Yoga-urt’s frozen yogurt is also vegan, organic, kosher, and soy-free. I love the pistachios and housemade chocolate shell! Pressed Juicery also offers healthier toppings for its plant-based Freeze (Freeze isn’t froyo though) and acai bowls. The almond butter is the best topping.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: