Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Sweetkiwi Whipped Greek Froyo Review





Fro-yo girl here. The day I heard that Sweetkiwi Whipped Greek Froyo was being carried by Ralph’s in Southern California, I rushed over to Ralph’s to get some. A few weeks have since gone by. I’ve been to several Ralph’s locations and none of them had Sweetkiwi. It turns out that not every Ralph’s carries Sweetkiwi. I finally found Sweetkiwi at the Ralph’s in South Pasadena at 1745 Garfield Avenue. They had three flavors: Vanilla, Chocolate Hazelnut, and Cookies & Cream. One package is 14 oz. and $6.99 each (regular price) at Ralph’s.

Sweetkiwi is a certified women owned business and a minority-owned company founded by Ehime Eigbe-Akindele. Ehime founded the first frozen yogurt company in Nigeria and became the leader in that market. A few years later, she moved to Washington DC and decided to create a consumer-packaged version of froyo for grocery stores and other food retailers. The company later launched a line of granola.

Sweetkiwi starts with locally sourced milk from grassfed cows and real ingredients. Sweetkiwi is high in protein, probiotic and prebiotic, and superfood infused. You can find Sweetkiwi at Walmart, Kroger, Whole Foods, and other grocery stores.

Cookies & Cream froyo: The texture was very firm coming out of the freezer, firmer than ice cream or froyo typically is. It has a high protein taste that I’m not personally not fond of. It seemed chalky and sweet but sweet in a weird way (when the sweetness comes from more than sugar). The texture is somewhat chewy and dry. I'm surprised that it's whipped because the texture is so dense. 

FYI, I tried Sweetkiwi again and it was much better! Read my updated review.

One serving is 2/3 cup, 120 calories, 1g total fat, 23g total carbs, 16g total sugars, and 9g protein. The ingredients include live and active cultures, Greek yogurt, milk protein concentrate, and a superfood blend of acerola juice concentrate, strawberry, green coffee bean extract, maqui, acai, turmeric, blueberry, broccoli, kale, and tart cherry. Wow, lots of ingredients!

To find Sweetkiwi near you, use their product locator:

https://www.sweetkiwi.com/pages/where-to-buy

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just tried the Sweetkiwi Chocolate Hazelnut whipped frozen greek yogurt and was not impressed. In fact, after one spoonful I discarded the container. It had a hard, chalky consistency and an off-taste that suggested the product may have gone sour.

Unknown said...

Hello, we just realized that some of our product on shelf suffered some abuse during distribution and we are working hard to correct this and get the right product on the shelf. I am happy to send you replacements, I apologize for your experience. Thank you for giving Sweetkiwi a try.

Anonymous said...

Just tried Sweet Kiwi whipped greek yogurt in Vanilla and also in Rasberry . Both tasted like cheesecake & left an aftertaste. We wanted to like it. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy not so good—and I was so happy when I saw that there was another frozen yogurt choice in the freezer case. Like one of the previous reviewers, I was put off by the rather chalky taste—certainly not what I was expecting—and also how very, very dense it was. The consistency was sort of like wet cement. I tried the Vanilla and also the Chocolate Hazelnut and had to throw both out. I think frozen Greek yogurt dessert is a great idea but I believe the developers need to take this back to the drawing board and try again. I, too, wanted so much to like it!! Disappointed. 😕

Anonymous said...

Tried the cookies and cream and it was terrible. Chalky consistency. Tossed it. Whichever Shark invested is going to regret their decision. I think the samples given to the sharks were not representative of what is sold in the stores.

Anonymous said...

I actually did not have the same experience. I tried 3 flavors - vanilla, cookies & cream, and the chocolate hazelnut and loved them all but chocolate hazelnt is my favorite. My son loved it as well.

Anonymous said...

I also had the same experience as the others. Frozen, rock hard, and chalky consistency. I could barely scoop it and I even let it thaw for an hour.