Tuesday, August 23, 2022

New Froyo Flavor at Wanderlust Creamery: Preserved Lemon & Candied Pistachio



Fro-yo girl here. Wanderlust Creamery finally has another froyo flavor! Inspired by Morocco, Preserved Lemon & Candied Pistachio features preserved lemon yogurt ice cream, dotted with spiced honey pistachios. The only other yogurt flavor they’ve had was Greek Yogurt with Pomegranate-Rose Jam in 2017. Five years ago!

Preserved Lemon & Candied Pistachio Yogurt Ice Cream: I love lemons, pistachios, and froyo, so I was excited to try the new flavor. I was a bit let down by the actual flavor. The pistachio bits were so tiny and sparse that I could not tell that they were spiced. The lemon flavor was distributed throughout and tasted muted. The froyo was not tangy but did taste like yogurt and cream. It wasn’t too sweet. I wanted much more lemon and pistachio flavor. The texture was thick, rich, and creamy.

I went to Wanderlust Pasadena. The other locations are in Tarzana, Atwater Village, Fairfax, and Venice.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: