Thursday, September 3, 2020

Lay’s Lactobacillus Yogurt Soda Flavored Potato Chips Review



Fro-yo girl here. I’ve had some good and some bad experiences with Lay’s flavors from other countries. But when I spotted the yogurt soda Lay’s at HK2 Food District in West Covina, CA, I had to try it. Soda-flavored potato chips. Hmm. The chips were manufactured in Shanghai, China. One bag is 2.29 oz. HK2 Food District was selling Lay’s from China for $1.99/bag.

* Yogurt soda Lay’s: The scent was pleasant – like sweet yogurt soda with a hint of potato chips. The flavor was better than I expected as well. It was definitely tangy and I love tangy potato chips. The flavor grew on me because it is different – tangysweet with a carbonated scent and flavor. If it weren’t for the tang, the chips would have been too sweet. The chip was light, thin, and crispy.

Sounds weird but tzatziki, raita or labne + zaatar potato chips all appeal to me. It’s the soda part that’s offputting and doesn’t sound natural. Those yogurt sodas are usually too sweet and too artificial. But these chips were better than yogurt soda! The other online reviews are mostly favorable as well.

4 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* HK2 FOOD DISTRICT: 987 S Glendora Ave., West Covina, CA 91790

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: