Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Culina Yogurt Review


Fro-yo girl here. I first spotted Culina Yogurt at Sprouts a few months ago, but it was pricey (over $4), so I didn’t get it. I finally found it at Lassens for $3.99. Surprisingly, Sprouts charges quite a bit more than Lassen's and Whole Foods. The packaging changed from the terracotta pots to clear glass jars. The jars look like the kind you’d use to make your own yogurt at home. One jar is 5 oz.

Based in Austin, Texas, Culina is a woman-owned business that makes thick, probiotic, fermented coconut yogurt. The plant-based, vegan, paleo yogurt has no gums, starches or fillers. I like how it’s made with a few ingredients and is all-natural. I also like the glass jar and the recipes that come with the jars of yogurt. I bet that it would make incredible frozen yogurt. I wish they offered more flavors.

* Strawberry Rose: I’ve tried my share of plant-based, dairy-free yogurt, and Culina’s is the best that I've tried. Thanks to the coconut cream, it’s rich and creamy. The fermentation provides that sour taste of dairy yogurt that’s often missing from plant-based yogurt. It’s truly thick and tangy. And they don’t mess it up by adding too much sugar. The texture was smooth though some separation had occurred (stir before consumption). So good! I could taste the strawberry and coconut, but I didn’t notice the rose oil though.

* Bourbon Vanilla: Also very good with mild vanilla flavor.

Available flavors: Plain & Simple, Bourbon Vanilla, Blueberry Lavender, Strawberry Rose

Ingredients (Strawberry Rose): Organic coconut, water, organic strawberries, organic maple syrup, agar, rose oil, probiotic cultures.

One serving of Strawberry Rose is 220 calories, 18g total fat, 11g carbs, 9g sugars, and 2g protein. The yogurt is high in fat but it’s worth the indulgence.

5 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They changed the packaging and the recipe..watery now not as creamy at all it'd light and fluffy after you stir it up..I liked the creamy version better