Saturday, August 1, 2020

Plant-Based Coconut Blend Non-Dairy Siggi’s Review




Fro-yo girl here. I’ve been a long time fan of Siggi’s and I was curious about their new plant-based yogurt made with coconut, pea protein and macadamia nuts. I looked for it at Target and Sprouts – no luck. But Whole Foods had three of the four non-dairy Siggi’s flavors. One cup is 5.3 oz and $1.99 at Whole Foods.

The idea of plant-based yogurt by Siggi’s seemed odd to me, but they’ve been expanding the product line so that they offer more than skyr. The products are connected by offering more protein and less sugar than leading alternatives. They say that “Siggi’s plant-based coconut blend has 3x more protein & 40% less sugar than leading yogurt alternatives.”

* Vanilla & Cinnamon: The texture is thinner than skyr and more like regular yogurt. The flavor was definitely sour and though I could see vanilla bean specks, the vanilla flavor was hard to detect. It tasted like sour cinnamon coconut with a powdery, chalky aftertaste thanks to the pea protein. It was somewhat odd. I didn’t hate it but I didn’t love it either. I think it would taste better without pea protein. One serving is 190 calories, 11g fat, 13g carbs, 9g sugars and 10g protein.

* Raspberry: It was very flavorful. I tasted the sour raspberry first and then the chalky pea protein. The flavor is a bit odd but I did like the raspberry flavor and the bits of raspberry. I can’t get over the chalky protein flavor though. And the brownish color wasn’t visually appealing.

Available flavors: Raspberry, Vanilla & Cinnamon, Mixed Berries, Mango

3 out of 5 stars

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: