Thursday, February 6, 2020

National/International Frozen Yogurt Day 2020 Report



Fro-yo girl here. Do you look forward to National/International Frozen Yogurt Day all year like I do? If only I could eat more froyo in one day. NFYD (February 6) is always a busy day. I started the day with a strawberry Greek frozen yogurt parfait bar from Trader Joe’s. It was a seasonal (summer) product. I hope they bring it back this year.

Around lunch time, I went to Pinkberry in Los Feliz (Los Angeles) for the BOGO free special. There was no NFYD signage but they did know about and honor the NFYD offer.

Later, I stopped by Menchie’s in Glendale for the NFYD BOGO free offer. There were various NFYD signs up. I was able to try the new froyo flavor, Frosted Animal Cookie but they weren’t serving the other new flavor, Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake. I wasn’t given a coupon for a return visit.

Finally, I visited Yogurtland Eagle Rock (Los Angeles) for their IFYD free froyo event. There was a short line outside the door. The event was organized, with a limited number of people allowed into the shop. We were given sample cups and a 5 oz IFYD cup from 2017. There was no IFYD spoon or new flavors for IFYD. But we could take as much froyo and toppings as long as they fit in the cup. The toppings selection was limited; I’ve never seen that before on IFYD at Yogurtland. Guests received $1 off Yogurtland coupons. 

I heard that Yogurtland Hayward had zero IFYD offers. Sad! I had a feeling that might happen.

I had the impression that NFYD/IFYD celebrations were toned down this year. But with all the free froyo, I can’t complain. I’ve got plenty in the freezer for the Academy Awards, Saturday night movie night, etc.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: