Wednesday, January 1, 2020

My Froyo Wish List 2020


Fro-yo girl here. New year, new decade for froyo consumption. It’s time for my annual froyo wish list. I also like to look at my froyo wishes from 2019 to see if any of them came true.

2019 wish #1: Have Pita GR open in Pasadena. Pita GR opened their Greek donuts, loukmades, place called Louk’s Baby Greek Donuts this summer. Alas, Pita GR still has just one location, the one in Downey.

2019 wish #2: Yellow sesame/tahini froyo. It exists now! Thank you, Yoga-urt! True Tahini vegan, organic, soy-free, kosher froyo was introduced in April and it is amazing.

2019 wish #3: Frozen skyr. I haven’t seen any in the US, but there is skyr, so I have to make my own for now.

My 2018 froyo wish for froyo and bubble waffles came true, since Pinkberry US locations are finally starting to offer bubble waffles. Took long enough!

I can’t believe that I had a froyo wish list way back in 2009. And all those wishes eventually came true!

My 2020 froyo wishes are:

More fresh herbs and roots in froyo: Adding fresh herbs and roots to froyo flavors can result in some amazing froyo flavors, like the ones at Yoga-urt and Easy Breezy. I had an amazing turmeric ginger milkshake with lime zest that would be an amazing froyo flavor. They used fresh turmeric and fresh ginger.

More thoughtful toppings and froyo pairings: When a new froyo flavor comes out, new complementary toppings should be released as well. Pinkberry is pretty good about doing this.

I’m really afraid that I’ll lose access to Pinkberry, so Pinkberry please stay open and/or offer shipping and maybe even offer your pints in supermarkets.

Menchie’s flavor finder. Will it ever happen????

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: