Friday, February 8, 2019

Pinkberry Closes in San Francisco


Fro-yo girl here. My state of shock continues. I’m still grieving over the closure of Pinkberry in Pasadena in 2015. Then they closed the wonderful Glendale/The Americana location last year. Last month, Pinkberry La Canada, which had become my regular Pinkberry, closed. Around that time, some time in January 2019, Pinkberry closed its sole San Francisco location, in front of Macy’s Union Square (170 O’Farrell St., San Francisco, CA).

This was their only location in SF. Yes, they have a location at SFO but the airport isn’t technically in San Francisco though the address is in San Francisco. I visited the Union Square location many times, since it was there when I lived in San Francisco. Tracy T. & I met there quite a few times. It was the most convenient location for me to visit. I remember being there for the grand opening in 2012. It was the first and last time I tried their lemon cookie crunch topping. When Pinkberry SF opened, it was the 200th location. RIP.

I noticed the Pinkberry SF Google Places listing says it's temporarily closed. Could it be true? I'm not too optimistic. Pinkberry locations keep closing. The Bay Area still has a few Pinkberry locations: Palo Alto, San Jose - Pueblo Plaza, Sunnyvale, and SFO.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: