Tuesday, December 25, 2018

My Favorite Tart, Sweet & Vegan Froyo Flavors of 2018


Fro-yo girl here. It’s time for me to pick my favorite new froyo flavors of 2018. This year’s new flavors didn’t thrill me. Maybe there are so many existing flavors that it’s hard to come up with something new that’s really good? I hope that’s not the case.

Here are my favorites for 2018:


Best Tart Froyo: Green Tea Lemonade frozen yogurt from Pinkberry


Pinkberry introduced three new tart froyo flavors this year. Green Tea Lemonade was my favorite because I love green tea and lemonade. But, it was pretty similar to the old Green Tea flavor that Pinkberry had, only tangier. And I love tang! Still, it wasn’t as good as last year’s winner, Pinkberry’s Blueberry Muffin frozen yogurt with blueberry muffin topping.


Best Sweet Froyo: Cold Brew Coffee from Menchie’s


I was torn between Strawberry Rose froyo from Yogurtland (love that it’s innovative and you could taste the rose) and Cold Brew Coffee from Menchie’s. After eating Strawberry Rose froyo a few times, I experienced some flavor fatigue. Menchie’s Cold Brew Coffee froyo had a stronger coffee flavor and had caffeine.


Best Vegan Froyo: Pistachio Passion from Yoga-urt


Yoga-urt in Glendale, CA has been producing the best vegan froyo flavors ever since they opened. It must be the freshness and quality of their product. They make their own vegan base with housemade cashew and almond milk. Mr. Froyo and I agreed that the best new flavor of the year was Pistachio Passion. He puts it in his top 3 flavors from Yoga-urt (the other two are Ganesha’s Sweet Greens and Peanut Butter Prana. Strawberry Serenity is #4). Pistachio Passion was introduced for World Vegan Day this November. This flavor is made with organic pistachios grown in Santa Barbara. Yoga-urt grinds the pistachios themselves and adds it to their housemade almond/cashew base. Three kinds of nuts! Unlike other pistachio froyo, it’s full of pistachio flavor and has the added texture of the ground nuts.

For a list of the new froyo flavors introduced in 2018, see: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/new-froyo-flavors-introduced-in-2018/

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* YOGA-URT, 1407 ½ W Kenneth Rd., Glendale, CA 91201

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: