Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Favorite New Froyo Flavors of 2015


Fro-yo girl here. I’m not sure how proud I should be but this year I’m going to exceed my froyo consumption from previous years. Last year, I consumed 139 cups of froyo. This year I’ll hit 200 cups of froyo consumed in one year. So yes, I’ve eaten lots of froyo and since I live in SoCal now, most of that froyo has been consumed in and around Los Angeles.

Every year I look forward to trying new froyo flavors. New flavors in 2015 included Southern Pecan Pie (Menchie’s), Pumpkin Spice Latte (Orange Leaf), Pear (Pinkberry), and Candy Clouds (Yogurtland). Which new flavor was my favorite? I decided to pick two, one from an independent froyo shop and another from a chain.

Vanilla Harmony from Yoga-urt in Glendale, CA: It’s vegan froyo made with almond milk. They make their own almond milk and add live and active cultures. I love how you can taste the almond milk and how it tastes fresh, less processed and more natural.

Pinkberry’s Raspberry White Chocolate: Lemon Lime Pinkberry was a close second. Pinkberry turned 10 this year and I have a new found appreciation for their flavors. Raspberry white chocolate surprised me because it was tarter then I expected it to be and the hint of white chocolate added a sweet mellowness. You can really taste the raspberries and the white chocolate was the perfect complement.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* YOGA-URT, 1407 ½ W Kenneth Rd., Glendale, CA 91201

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: