Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fro-Yo Girl Speaks is 5 Years Old

Fro-yo girl here. Yes, it's the fifth blogiversary for Fro-Yo Girl Speaks. 

It’s been a very exciting year for me because I decided to start the International Frozen Yogurt Association (IFYA) which launched at the end of July 2013. The IFYA promotes the success of the frozen yogurt industry by recognizing quality frozen yogurt stores, increasing access to quality frozen yogurt information, and educating and engaging frozen yogurt consumers. The association is for everyone who loves frozen yogurt. Membership is free. 

I'm excited about IFYA's Swirl of Honor, the first quality seal program specifically for frozen yogurt shops, recognizes shops for their commitment to quality. I hope to see plenty of Swirl of Honor stickers on shop windows.

Initially I thought that after I launched the IFYA, I'd have less content for Fro-Yo Girl Speaks, but the opposite has occurred. Now I spend even more of my time thinking about and writing about frozen yogurt. 

I'm very close to reaching my goal of visiting every frozen yogurt shop in the Bay Area. There aren't as many openings these days and some places have closed before I had a chance to visit them. 

Thank you so much to my fans and readers and keep eating frozen yogurt!

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.


Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: