Friday, August 2, 2013

New Fro-yo Toppings: Pop Rocks, Jubes nata de coco




Fro-yo girl. I’m constantly trying new fro-yo toppings at home. I remember Yogurt Haven was the first place I knew that offered strawberry pop rocks as a topping. Yogurtland just started selling packets of Green Apple Pop Rocks to go with Marvin the Martian’s Kosmic Fruit Kaboom Sorbet.

What happens with Pop Rocks meet frozen yogurt? I gave it a try. It’s definitely an interesting experience. The Pop Rocks start popping and fizzing the moment they come in contact with the fro-yo and the action continues for a long time.


I’ve tried nata de coco on fro-yo at a few fro-yo shops (not many carry nata de coco) and liked it, so when I saw Jubes flavored nata de coco at Pacific Supermarket, I wanted to try it. I tried the mango flavor which I really liked though the mango flavor is very, very faint. A pouch (360g) was 99 cents. Nata de coco is a refreshing, firm, chewy jelly (in small cubes) produced by fermenting coconut water.

Ingredients: nata de coco, water, sugar, mango, citric acid, honey

Jubes nata de coco is available in the following flavors: lychee, mango, strawberry, pandan, original, grape and can be purchased online from Asian Grocer.


You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* PACIFIC SUPERMARKET: 1015 El Camino Real, South San Francisco, CA


Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: