Saturday, January 14, 2012

Yogurt Goes International


Fro-yo girl here. Yogurt’s popularity continues to grow, as these international examples of fro-yo/yogurt show.

Last week, SF World Journal (a leading daily Chinese newspaper published in North America) featured an article about the benefits of yogurt consumption which included a recipe for making yogurt at home. The recipe involves using a simple rice cooker to heat the milk or soy milk. I had it translated but the instructions weren’t precise enough to share.


My local Middle Eastern market carries Russian fro-yo, Beloved brand. I only saw one flavor, peach. I’ll have to check out some Russian markets to look for more fro-yo.


A trip to the Mexican supermarket, Mi Pueblo (locations throughout the Bay Area) revealed that they sell fresh yogurt (not frozen). They had four flavors: mango, walnut, strawberry and peach. The mango yogurt wasn’t as thick as Greek yogurt. I found it way too sweet but it did had bits of mango in it. I might pour the yogurt in my fro-yo maker and dilute it with plain yogurt.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

No comments: