Friday, June 25, 2010

Three Fro-yo Shops in One Mall, the New Trend


Fro-yo girl here. A couple of months ago, I wrote about how there were three fro-yo shops at the Great Mall (in Milpitas, CA). I found three in New Park Mall too (in Newark, CA). The Great Mall is huge and really crowded, so I can maybe see having two fro-yo shops there. But New Park Mall is a small mall in serious decline. I don't understand what the owner of the second shop is thinking and the owner of the third shop is wildly optimistic. I can't think of too many malls that are busy enough year-round to support that many fro-yo shops.

You could argue that only Orange Tree in New Park Mall is the only pure fro-yo shop. Good Luck Yogurt Shop sometimes has fro-yo and sometimes does not (you'd think with a name like Good Luck Yogurt Shop, they would always have yogurt). The third shop has sandwiches, smoothies, ice cream and fro-yo.

Will San Francisco Westfield Centre and Westfield Valley Fair be able to support three fro-yo shops? Time will tell.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

2 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I think I'm going to have to go get some right now. Must go convince the hubs!

Linh Nguyen said...

valley fair actually does have 3 yogurt shops.. red mango on the first floor, tuttimelon on the second floor, and tutti frutti in the food court.

(and pinkberry across the street!)

they have haagen dazs and cold stone at valley fair, as well. crazy!