Monday, January 5, 2009

Yogurt Drinks: Yogu Time Review


Fro-yo girl here. I’ve seen bottled yogurt drinks at Asian supermarkets for years and I finally purchased one to try from Sunset Super. It’s called Yogu Time and I opted for the Original flavor.

The beverage is non-carbonated and looks like milky colored water. It tastes like the Yoggi drink you can get a Tuttimelon but sweeter. It was okay – light, somewhat refreshing, a little tangy. I’m going to pass on it because it doesn’t have enough natural yogurt flavor (it tastes a bit like candy) and I don’t need the extra high fructose corn syrup. Nothing about live active cultures is mentioned on the packaging.

* Details: 10 ounces, glass bottle, 99 cents
* Ingredients: Water, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, sweetened condensed milk, nonfat yogurt, pectin, citric acid, lactic acid, natural and artificial flavor, sodium citrate
* Flavors: Original, White peach, Lychee, Strawberry, Orange, Melon
* Tagline: “Any Time is Yogu Time”

2.5 stars (out of 5)

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

No comments: