Two new flavors started swirling today, Grandma’s Famous Marionberry Pie and Momma’s Secret Recipe Almond Fudge Gelato.
- Grandma’s Famous Marionberry Pie froyo will be featured throughout the promotion. It’s described as “The plump, juicy marionberries of Western Oregon are at the core of our newest flavor, which starts fruity and bright and finishes with a buttery, golden piecrust taste that’s perfect for a sweet summer day.” It’s made with real marionberries. Marionberries are a type of blackberry. The flavor is lowfat. It’s a sweet flavor. Marionberries are sweeter than the blackberries that I’m used to. I couldn’t detect the piecrust but I only had a small sample. Recommended toppings: Graham cracker crumbs, blackberries, almonds
- Momma’s Secret Recipe Almond Fudge Gelato has almonds, cocoa, chocolate fudge and almond butter. I could taste the fudge and the almond. Neither were overpowering. The texture was richer and creamier and the flavor wasn’t super sweet. The gelato has live and active cultures. Recommended toppings: Chocolate shell, toffee bits, almonds
Flavor release schedule:
* Blue Ribbon Pineapple Upside Down Cake starting April 17
* Spring’s Simply Sweet Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares starting May 1
* Pairings & Sharings Strawberry Basil Lemonade Sorbet starting May 15
Flavors are available while supplies last.
You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.
Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.