Fro-yo girl here. Yogurtland’s new holiday promotion started today and it runs through December 21. Yogurtland Celebrates DreamWorks Trolls (a new movie) will include “ten hair-raising flavors,” limited edition Trolls cups, and 2 collectible Trolls spoons.
The promotional flavors and release dates are:
* Poppy’s White Chocolate Raspberry starting October 20
* Creek’s Butterscotch Pudding Gelato starting October 20
* Satin & Chenille’s Blueberry Mangosteen Tart starting October 27
* Cooper’s Caramel Apple starting November 3
* DJ Suki’s Cranberry Raspberry Tart starting November 10
* Biggie’s Frosted Cookie starting November 17
* Branch’s Peanut Butter Caramel starting November 24
* King Peppy’s Chocolate Covered Pretzel starting December 1
* Guy Diamond’s White Chocolate Peppermint starting December 8
* Smidge’s Cinnamon Donut Holes starting December 15
You’ll notice that not all of the flavors are brand new but most are. Also, there’s a new promotional flavor every week. Plus they started the promotion on Thursday rather than Friday. The Yogurtland staff wore Trolls blue t-shirts and visors that had tufts of troll hair - cute.
During my visit I received blue Troll spoons. I think the featured Troll is named Branch. The spoon doesn’t say and his back isn’t detailed. They had the Trolls cups and a new topping, chocolate covered pretzels.
Poppy’s White Chocolate Raspberry is described as “Poppy sings, she dances, and she’s the most insanely happy Troll of all. Duh! That’s what happens when you dig into this decadent flavor that blends real white chocolate and raspberries all in one spoonful.” It’s a lowfat flavor. The raspberry flavor is stronger than the white chocolate but the white chocolate mellows the raspberry. The raspberry isn’t tart at all. Recommended toppings: granola, raspberries, white chocolate chips.
Creek’s Butterscotch Pudding Gelato is described as, “The sweet, buttery flavor of butterscotch and the creaminess of pudding pair perfectly in this decadent gelato by Creek, so you can experience just how delicious life can be.” Their gelato has live and active cultures. The creamy flavor tastes like sweet butterscotch without being cloyingly sweet. Recommended toppings: almonds, cheesecake, graham cracker crumbs
You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.
Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.