Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuttimelon’s First SF Self-Serve Location



Fro-yo girl here. Call me sentimental, but I can’t bear the thought of the original Tuttimelon location on Irving closing. I love that location. It’s still my favorite. Well, they’re adding a self-serve location on Irving St. It’s taking over the old Chinese jewelry store. I went inside that shop before and it didn’t seem that spacious? I swung by Tuttimelon Irving to talk to J. (he wasn’t there) and stock up on mango tart fro-yo (still an astounding 99 cents!).

Maybe they can keep the original location open for full serve diehards like me? Or have the option of having someone swirl for you at the self-serve place? I’m sure the new location will live up to the Tuttimelon standards, people will love it, and they’ll dazzle us with tuttiliciousness. Two more weeks to wait and then all will be revealed. But who will serve me? And what will happen to J’s swirling skills?

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* TUTTIMELON: 2150 Irving St, San Francisco, CA
* TUTTIMELON: 2045 Irving St, San Francisco, CA (not open yet)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, Fraiche Yogurt just opened up on Fillmore St. @ Pine.

Lolia S said...

Thanks! I've already been to the Fraiche in SF - my Yelp review was posted on Saturday. Good fro-yo made from scratch!

Bonnibella said...

I will definitely miss the original location dearly.

stellaincognita said...

2 questions: do you know how much they'll charge per ounce? and do you have any insider info on the opening date of the second yogurtland in berkeley (on shattuck)? thanks!

Lolia S said...

Hi Stella,

Tuttimelon will charge 35 cents an ounce...no inside info on Yogurtland Berkeley yet (sorry).

Lolia

Lolia S said...

Cocochanelella,

The original location should become a Tuttimelon museum or shrine - or test/concept store!

Anonymous said...

thats cheap for it being in San Francisco. 35 cents an ounce. I can't wait to try the flavors I haven't tried yet. When is the official date that they will open?