Thursday, June 4, 2009
National Fro-yo Day is Finally Here!
Fro-yo girl here. It’s finally here: National Frozen Yogurt Day (June 4)! Where does this holiday come from? I don’t know (sorry) but probably the National Yogurt Association (www.aboutyogurt.com)? Don’t forget to celebrate today. Here are my suggestions for National Fro-yo Day:
1. Introduce a newbie to fro-yo. Let’s keep up fro-yo demand!
2. Treat a random stranger to fro-yo. Perk up someone else’s day with fro-yo.
3. Meet a friend for a fro-yo date. Get caught up over a nice big cup of fro-yo.
4. Try a new fro-yo shop. Have a list of fro-yo places to try? Knock one off your list today.
5. Return to a favorite fro-yo shop. Support your favorite fro-yo shop and remind them that today is National Fro-yo Day. Looking for a deal? Tuttimelon Irving (SF) and Alameda are currently offering a small cup of mango tart fro-yo for 99 cents.
6. Give the gift of fro-yo gift cards to the ones you love.
7. Buy fro-yo from the supermarket – Haagen Dazs, Trader Joe’s, Dreyer’s and Ben & Jerry’s all have fro-yo products
8. For the truly ambitious: Make your own fro-yo
9. Show your fro-yo spirit. I’m going to wear my fro-yo t-shirt today.
February 6th is also National Frozen Yogurt Day because fro-yo deserves more than one holiday per year.
You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.
* TUTTIMELON IRVING: 2150 Irving St., San Francisco, CA
* TUTTIMELON ALAMEDA: 2402 Central Ave, Alameda, CA