Saturday, February 21, 2009

Yogurt Drinks: Yogo Review


Fro-yo girl here. I found Assi Yogo at Oceanview Market and purchased a pack of the Original flavor. It’s a refrigerated Korean yogurt drink.

A bottle of Yogo is three times the size of Yakult. The bottle says it has live and active cultures. It tastes more like Yakult than Yogu Time, meaning it is more like a milky yogurt beverage than a yogurt soda. The flavor is quite tart but also very sweet at the same time. It has a stronger flavor than Yakult and smells slightly like candy. It’s quite drinkable though I think the bottle is a bit too large.

Details: 6.6 ounces per drink, comes in a pack of four, plastic bottle, $2.89

Ingredients: filtered water, cultured nonfat milk, sugar, dextrose, high fructose corn syrup, natural & artificial flavors, potassium sorbate, aspartame, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin D

Flavors: Original, Peach, Pineapple

The bottle says that Assi Yogo is refreshing, made with cultured grade A non fat yogurt, it’s good for your body, fat free, cholesterol free and has as much vitamin A and D as half a pint of milk.

3 stars (out of 5)

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* OCEANVIEW SUPERMARKET: 3911 Alemany Blvd., San Francisco, CA 94132

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just wanted to let you know I bookmarked your site and I'm posting a link up on twitter so others can check out your site. Thanks for doing reviews around the bay! I'm here in the Tri-City Area, East Bay lol :P

Oh, I always put mochi on my yogurt too! ^o^

take care~

-Hazell

Lolia S said...

I went to your Twitter feed - thanks so much for the mention and long live mochi :-). If you have any fro-yo news, let me know. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.