Saturday, February 14, 2009

Tuttimelon West Portal Grand Opening Coverage



Fro-yo girl here. Happy Valentine’s Day, fro-yoholics! Tuttimelon opened today at 11 AM. I arrived early and watched them set up (e.g., put up the grand opening banner). It’s interesting that 90% of the people who walked by looked up at the banner and/or peered inside and most expressed interest in trying Tuttimelon. Some of them thought I was a Tuttimelon employee (I guess I looked too interested?). They picked a good day to open (heavy foot traffic) and a good location (some decent restaurants, nice to pop in for a fro-yo after a good meal).

About 15 minutes before show time, Roy Lam, looking quite dashing in a black Tuttimelon t-shirt with a long sleeved shirt underneath, appeared to help set up. Roy’s the general manager of Tuttimelon. I’ve seen his picture before but this was the first time I actually spoke to him in person.

Roy was kind enough to show me the concept of their first self-serve location in Union City (Union Landing) and the San Mateo location, as well as answer all my questions and personally serve me the first cup of fro-yo. He even remembered the fro-yo flavors and toppings that I like. Awww. Roy, I still plan on meeting you at the Polk St. grand opening.

I admire the consistency of Tuttimelon locations and of course the tuttilicious flavor of their fro-yo. I like how it’s extra tart, smooth (never clumpy), and dense. And I still tell myself that their fro-yo has live and active cultures so it’s good for me too.

I wish they would add free wi-fi so that I could sit there, work, eat a crepe, eat some fro-yo, work, and eat some more fro-yo.

Other Tutti news:
* They are going organic soon! And I think more eco-conscious too (reusable cups).
* They were originally wholesalers of gelato, so I’m guessing their gelato is good (I haven’t tried any. It is very difficult, if not impossible, to choose gelato instead of fro-yo).

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* TUTTIMELON: 44 West Portal Ave., San Francisco, CA

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hey! I've never been to a Tuttimelon, but I'm anxious to try it! I'm going to the Menchie's opening tomorrow, so I'll have that coverage soon. Thanks for your comments, and I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!!!!!! (oh and I had froyo today too!)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips! You should try their gelato too. It's very good and hmm yum! I had the black sesame gelato with mochi ball! It was perfect!

Anonymous said...

I plan on going to the Tuttimelon Polk Store Grand Opening...maybe we can finally meet there! =)

Lolia S said...

You can get gelato with mochi balls??? I didn't know. I definitely want to try gelato w/ mochi. Helene, yes I'll be at the Polk St. opening of course. Will you be there right when it opens? 11 AM