Thursday, December 28, 2023

My Best Swirl of 2023



Fro-yo girl here. What was my best swirl of 2023? I saved pictures of all the froyo that I consumed in 2023 on my Pinterest board, 2023 Froyo Consumed by Me. After looking at all the photos, my best self-swirl was the cup of plain tart froyo that I swirled at Bloomfield Creamery in Pasadena, California. The froyo texture looks wonderful - firm, creamy, and smooth. Yum! 



My most viewed cup of froyo was the one that I swirled at Amazon Go. It had over 1.1k views on Pinterest. I'm not sure why that particular picture was so popular. 

This year, I consumed 130 cups of froyo, less than last year's 144 cups. My first cup of froyo this year was a cup of plain tart from Yogurtland Eagle Rock. 

Of the cups and cones of froyo that I consumed, 50% were self-serve, 13% partial serve, 32% counter-serve, 1% machine-served, and 4% pre-packed. In 2022, 60% of my cups were self-serve or partial-serve. Most places are back to full self-service but a few Yogurtland locations, including Yogurtland Eagle Rock, still have the employee serve the toppings. I don't see pandemic restrictions at other businesses, so not allowing for full self-serve seems lame. 

I prefer getting one flavor per cup. In 2023, 84% of my froyo cups and cones featured one flavor (compared to 88% in 2022). Similarly, 85% of my froyo cups and cones were dairy-based froyo (compared to 81% in 2022).

You can see every cup of froyo that I consumed on my Pinterest board.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: