Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Yu Cake Raspberry Yogurt Cake Review



Fro-yo girl here. I know I declared Yu Cake’s blueberry yogurt cake roll the best yogurt cake ever last year, but I hadn’t tried all their yogurt cakes at that time. Since October 2022, I’ve tried Yu Cake's mixed berry yogurt cake roll and blueberry yogurt box cake. I recently tried the raspberry yogurt cake and it’s good but the blueberry yogurt cake roll is still my favorite.

The raspberry yogurt cake slice ($8.75) is a traditional looking slice from a round, layered cake. There are three layers of sponge cake and two layers of yogurt cream, plus a layer of frosting, raspberry jelly on top, and a freeze-dried strawberry. The raspberry jelly was the most flavorful part of the cake – and the raspberry tasted natural. It’s not a soft jelly but more like a pate de fruit. The light pink sponge cake is light and fluffy but mild in flavor and not very sweet. The yogurt cream is tangy and not too sweet. It’s a good cake but I like their yogurt cake rolls better. The raspberry jelly was good but overpowered the other flavors of the cake.

I noticed that although the yogurt cakes take different forms, the components are very similar. I still have to try the yogurt mille crepe cake.

Yu Cake has locations in Rosemead, City of Industry, and San Gabriel, CA.

* YU CAKE: 18558 Gale Ave #158, City of Industry, CA 91748

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: