Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Sprinkles Greek Frozen Yogurt Cups Review





Fro-yo girl here. I was looking at the ice cream cakes at Vallarta Supermarket in Pasadena, California and to my surprise, I spotted Sprinkles Frozen Greek Yogurt on the top shelf. This was my first time encountering Sprinkles desserts. They’re made in Hackensack, New Jersey and are kosher. Sprinkles also has four shops on the East Coast.

Vallarta carried three flavors of Sprinkles Frozen Greek Yogurt: Vanilla, Strawberry, and French Cappuccino. I’m not sure if there are other flavors. One 5.3 oz cup was $2.99 and has live and active cultures.

Vanilla Greek Frozen Yogurt: Interestingly, the container looked like a cup of non-frozen refrigerated yogurt. When I peeled the lid back, I was surprised by the large amount of big ice crystals on top of the yogurt. The yogurt also melted quickly, turning into an icy slush. I could taste the vanilla. The grainy icy texture wasn’t appealing and it was too sweet. One serving is 139 calories, 5.1 total fat, 22g total carbs, 10.15g protein, and 19g total sugars.

2.5 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: