Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Pinkberry Pumpkin Froyo Returns After a Long Absence

 


Fro-yo girl here. FYI, Pumpkin froyo fans: Pinkberry brought back Pumpkin froyo early this year. With a launch date of August 13, Pinkberry Pumpkin froyo was the earliest pumpkin flavor announcement that I saw. Starbucks brought back PSL on August 24.

I went to Pinkberry Los Feliz and ordered the Pumpkin froyo. The texture was icier than I remembered but my memory might not be accurate. Plus, the froyo at that location has been icy lately. The froyo had a lightness that I associate with Pinkberry. It tastes more like pumpkin spice than pumpkin. Pinkberry recommends pairing Pumpkin froyo with whipped cream, graham cracker pie crust, and cinnamon. I like mine with almonds, though they offer a different type of almond now. I’m sure granola and cheesecake bites would also be good toppings.

It’s been years since I’ve had Pinkberry Pumpkin. I didn’t have it last year and I was looking for it (I don’t think they offered it in my area). Yogurtland didn’t bring back their Pumpkin froyo last year either. Luckily, I was able to enjoy Pumpkin Spice froyo at Menchie’s and Pumpkin Spice vegan froyo from Yoga-urt in 2020. I didn’t have Pinkberry Pumpkin in 2019 either but I did have Pressed Juicery’s new Pumpkin Freeze, Yogurtland’s Pumpkin Pie froyo, Menchie’s Haunted Pumpkin Harvest froyo, Yoga-urt’s vegan Pumpkin Spice froyo, and 21 Choices Pumpkin Spice froyo.

It looks like I haven’t had a cup of Pinkberry Pumpkin since 2013. They brought Pumpkin back in 2015 but I was busy trying new flavors, so I didn’t order a cup. Pinkberry Pumpkin was first introduced in October 2010.

Pinkberry's Pumpkin froyo is available for a limited time only, while supplies last.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: