Saturday, October 24, 2020

Farewell, Blush Organic Frozen Yogurt

Blush Dublin

Pumpkin froyo from Blush

Fro-yo girl here. Blush Organic Frozen Yogurt is gone, a part of froyo history now. The first location which opened in Dublin, CA in June 2008, was also the last to close. The closing announcement was posted on May 13, 2020. I’m still in shock even though in truth, Blush wasn’t as good as it used to be (probably because the original owner, Jonathan, sold the business). I’ll never have Blush green tea, pumpkin, original tart, and Blush froyo again.

I’ve written many posts about Blush over the years and used to talk to Jonathan all the time (Jonathan, I hope you’re doing well). I was at the grand opening of Blush in Milpitas, Walnut Creek, Burlingame (Frank even let me see the shop before it opened), and San Francisco (also owned by Frank). Jonathan’s customers became his franchisees because they loved the froyo that much. Here’s a story of how they got started that I wrote in 2009.

Jonathan created his own flavors and was an innovator. His passion is what was so infectious during the early years of Blush. 

Other Blush locations (year opened - year closed):

  • Milpitas, 2009 – 2013, first franchise location
  • San Francisco, 2009 - 2013
  • Burlingame, 2010-2019
  • Walnut Creek, 2010 - 2017
  • Pleasanton, 2015 – 2020, first self-serve Blush

Nothing can ever replace the old Blush…but I still have lots of memories.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

1 comment:

Megan Sullivan said...

Is there a way to get blushes frozen yogurt recipes. Blush was a big part of my childhood.