Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Fro-yo Girl Speaks Blogiversary Number 12

 

Fro-yo girl here. Twelve years, on October 20, 2008, I posted my first blog post on Fro-yo Girl Speaks. Here’s a quick overview of what I’ve been up to over the past year. The year started out like the others with plenty of National Frozen Yogurt Day and froyo Valentine’s Day promotions. But then everything changed in mid-March.

Like most people, the coronavirus pandemic has significantly changed my life. I don’t go out as much as I used to and I haven’t been able to visit as many froyo shops as I’d like. Froyo activity has slowed as well – fewer new flavors, fewer new spoons, fewer shop openings. The only grand opening that I’ve attended this year was Razzle Dazzle’s in Upland, California. I haven’t found any new froyo place to rave about but that's because hardly any new ones have opened.

I’m relieved that I was able to sell my extra froyo spoons on eBay. I sold hundreds of froyo spoons. Yay! I’ve been busy eating boba ice cream bars and Yasso Chocolate Dipped Bars. Mr. Froyo will only eat froyo from Yoga-urt now.

And for some good news, the Gossip Girl reboot has been given the green light, with a new story and new cast. The release date on HBO Max has yet to be announced. Kristen Bell will be back as the narrator.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: