Monday, March 2, 2020

New at Yogurtland: Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl



Fro-yo girl here. Yogurtland launches a new product today, smoothie bowls. The mixed berry smoothie bowl features raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and banana. It’s vegan, nonfat, gluten free and no sugar added. Mixed berry smoothie bowl comes out of the regular soft serve machine. There’s a new plant-based topping as well, chia pudding – made with oat milk and chia seeds.

Mixed berry smoothie bowl: I don’t eat smoothie bowls, but I have had many fruit smoothies. I found the new flavor to be blander than I expected. I could taste the berries and the banana flavor wasn’t too strong, but it tasted muted and watery. The texture was icier. I did appreciate how it wasn’t as sweet. Adding yogurt or any milk alternative would have made it less watery.

There’s a new froyo spoon too. It looks like the current logo spoon, only it’s red. My Yogurtland didn’t have the spoons yet. It looks like there's a new cup design for the smoothie bowl as well, but I haven't seen it at my Yogurtland yet. A wider, flatter bowl would have been nice if they really want to encourage people to build a smoothie bowl.

The new chia pudding topping was pleasant and mild. It adds some texture and makes whatever you’re eating more filling.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: