Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Tadashizen Nomu Yogurto Japanese Yogurt Drink Review


Fro-yo girl here. It’s been a year since my trip to Japan and one of my fond memories of the trip was the delicious tiny Japanese yogurt drink I found at the rest stop. I found something similar at Mitsuwa in San Gabriel, CA. Tiny Japanese yogurt drinks! These were called Tadashizen Nomu and they were imported from Japan, flash frozen to extend shelf life. 

One bottle was 150 ml, 90 calories, 4g fat, 10g sugars. There was one flavor, plain, and the plastic bottle looked like an old-fashioned milk pail. One bottle was $2.59.

Tadashizen Nomu yogurt drink: It’s a thinner yogurt drink, but thicker than milk. I really like the tang – it tastes like real yogurt and it’s even sour, but not overwhelmingly so. It doesn’t taste like Yakult (yay!)

Mitsuwa also had yogurt and cheesecake from the same Japanese farm.

Ingredients: Milk, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, isomaltooligosaccharides, milk product, lactic acid

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

4 out of 5 stars.

* MITSUWA MARKETPLACE: 515 W Las Tunas Dr., San Gabriel, CA 91776

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.



5 comments:

Junebug said...

Chunky?

Lolia S said...

Not at all - it's a thin yogurt drink.

- FYG

Anonymous said...

Love tarashizen nomu yogurt, I have to drive 2 hours to New Jersey to get it, I also buy it, the big bottles its so delicious I drink in hours, I wish the sell it in Connecticut.

Anonymous said...

How to consume this? I bought it from Mitsuwa and it’s frozen so I thaw it in the cool section of the fridge and it kind separates into milk and yellow liquid layer. When I drink it, I have to mix it then it kinda chunky.

Lolia S said...

That's right - you thaw it in the fridge. Shake well before consuming. It shouldn't be chunky though.

- FYG