Thursday, June 27, 2019

I-Mei Blueberry Yogurt Ice Bar Review





Fro-yo girl here. It feels like forever since I found a new frozen yogurt popsicle at 99 Ranch Market. It’s been five years, but I recently spotted I-Mei yogurt ice bars. I-Mei is a Taiwanese brand and the popsicles are imported from Taiwan. I’ve seen their popsicles/ice bars for years, but not yogurt ones. 99 Ranch Arcadia had two flavors, Blueberry and Passion Fruit. One 260g box is $4.89 and contains four individually wrapped bars.

* Blueberry Yogurt Ice Bar: The bar had a thin, sweet white coating which seemed like white chocolate. The interior was soft and creamy, a nice texture. I was surprised by how tangy it was – way more than most yogurt bars. I didn’t think the coating was necessary but maybe it enhances the tanginess. There was a cream aftertaste. The I-Mei bars remind me of the Korean Greek yogurt bars from Lotte Foods but they’re tangier and have bits of dried blueberries.

One bar is 130 calories, 6g total fat, 18g total carbs, 15g sugars and 2g protein.

Ingredients: Water, sugar, milk powder, vegetable oil (coconut oil, sunflower oil, palm oil, rapeseed oil, antioxidant (mixed tocopherols concentrate)), blueberry, whey powder, pectin, citric acid, hydroxypropyl distarch phosphate, emulsifier (mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids), artificial flavorings (vanilla, blueberry, chocolate), soy lecithin, cocoa butter, cultured whole milk.

4 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* 99 RANCH MARKET: 1300 S Golden W Ave, Arcadia, CA 91007

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: