Sunday, April 28, 2019

Go Greek Closes in Thousand Oaks and Glendale, CA



Fro-yo girl here. Go Greek closed two mall-based locations in Southern California at the end of March.

The Oaks Mall (Thousand Oaks, CA) shop opened in May 2018 and the Glendale Galleria shop opened in March 2018. The Glendale space has been stripped of signage and equipment, but a new tenant hasn’t moved in yet.

While I’m not sure how long the average frozen yogurt shop stays open, I rarely see frozen yogurt shops close in under a year. Menchie’s has been open at the Oaks Mall for seven years. I think you might be able to get frozen yogurt at the Haagen Dazs inside the Glendale Galleria or across the street at the Americana, but there is no frozen yogurt shop left at either mall.

The sad part is that Go Greek had high quality yogurt which they imported from Greece (it was available fresh and frozen). I also appreciated their healthier toppings. Their shops were attractive and had a high- end Greek boutique feel.

Unfortunately, I experienced multiple problems with the Go Greek Glendale location though, starting with my first visit. Their promotions aren’t clear and the customer service wasn’t friendly either. I tried to attend the grand opening of Go Greek Glendale, which was announced to the public on Instagram and Facebook. However, when I arrived, I was told it was a private event. On another occasion, I showed up for a promotion that they posted on Instagram, only to be told that I needed to show an email that they sent with the promotion. This was not stated on their Instagram post. Anyway, it was very frustrating and soured my feelings towards the entire chain, but the Glendale location in particular. One slip-up is understandable but who wants to deal with a pattern of poor communication?

The remaining Go Greek locations include Beverly Hills, Woodland Hills, Santa Monica, and Las Vegas.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* GO GREEK YOGURTERIA, 350 W Hillcrest Dr., Thousand Oaks, CA 91360

* GO GREEK YOGURTERIA, 100 W Broadway, Glendale, CA 91210

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: