Friday, October 6, 2017

Menchie’s October Promotion & World Smile Day




Fro-yo girl here. Happy World Smile Day! World Smile Day was created by Harvey Ball, the commercial artist who created the smiley face, and it’s been celebrated since 1999. His idea was that each of us should devote one day a year to smiles and kind acts.

Menchie’s celebrated World Smile Day today with a special buy one, get one free offer from 4 PM – 7 PM. It was a chance to grab a friend or loved one and share some quality bonding time over froyo. I swung by Menchie’s and didn’t see the fun activities and prizes that the sign mentioned, but you probably had to ask and they were probably for kids.

It was also a good time to check out October’s feature flavors, Harvest Pumpkin (a fall favorite) and the new Cookies ‘n Cream Cheesecake made with Oreo cookie pieces and real cream cheese.

I enjoyed the spices and real pumpkin flavor of Harvest Pumpkin. I recommend pairing it with graham cracker crumbs, almonds, Heath Bar pieces, and Cool Whip, of course.

The Cookies ‘n Cream Cheesecake that I tried was on the icy side and dark brown (unappealing color). It tasted mostly like Oreos to me with a hint of cream cheese. The combination didn’t appeal to me even though I love Oreos, but I should try it again at a location where the yogurt is creamier. 

I picked up the scary spoons too. They’re identical to the Chip and Mookie Halloween spoons they had last year.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: