Thursday, October 27, 2016

New DreamWorks Animation Trolls Inspired Flavor at Yogurtland: Blueberry Mangosteen Tart


Fro-yo girl here. The Yogurtland Celebrates Trolls promotion continues with a new limited time flavor, Satin & Chenille’s Blueberry Mangosteen Tart.

The flavor is described as “The Fashion Twins know everything about up and coming trends, which is why they’re all about our super refreshing Blueberry Mangosteen Tart. It combines real blueberries with sweet and tangy mangosteen for a vitamin C-fortified treat that’s bursting with flavor.” It’s non-fat.

I don’t think I’ve had mangosteen yet, so I wasn’t sure of what to expect. But I tried Blueberry Mangosteen Tart and I really like it. It’s tangier than usual and I taste the blueberries (love blueberries) and something else – it tasted grape like to me but others describe mangosteen as tasting like strawberries, kiwis, plums, peaches, etc. I remember how much I liked the Blueberry Acai flavor at Blush Organic Frozen Yogurt. The mangosteen gives the flavor that extra punch; it’s intriguing. Recommended toppings: blueberry puree, strawberries, lychee, and mochi.

Mangosteens have high levels of anti-oxidants and are considered to be superfruit. In Asia, the mangosteen is known as the queen of fruit.

The next new flavor is Cooper’s Caramel Apple, which starts swirling on November 3.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: