Thursday, January 22, 2015

Froyo Shop Graveyard: Yogurtland Closes in San Francisco



Fro-yo girl here. I recently returned to San Francisco, which meant that I had planned to visit my old Yogurtland location on Ocean Ave. in Ingleside. Sadly, it closed for good this week. Sunday, 1/18, was the last day. There was a nice note on the door thanking patrons. Also, they’ll accept “You Rule” school certificates at the Burlingame location. I could still see the tiled wall inside, tables, chair and equipment.

Since it was the only location in SF, I used to go every week until I moved. I remember being there the day it opened, Monday, December 17, 2012. It was also the day they showed the final episode of Gossip Girl...Yogurtland was there for me then and on many other days. I felt so sad when I heard that my Yogurtland closed that I had to go get some froyo.

Yogurtland SF, you will be missed.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: