Tuesday, May 13, 2014

YoCrunch Yopa! Greek Yogurt Review



Fro-yo girl here. The YoCrunch Company launched the Yopa! line of Greek yogurt nationally in early 2013. Recently I noticed a new flavor that sounded promising: Lemon shortbread.

* Lemon shortbread: The shortbread cookie crumbles are kept in a separate compartment. The nonfat Greek plain yogurt had a lemon sauce on the bottom. You stir the yogurt and the cookies. I’m not a fan of the fruit on the bottom style but Yopa Lemon Shortbread was quite tasty. I liked the crunchy shortbread cookie bits and the tart, thick, lemony, creamy yogurt (glad it wasn’t very sweet). The cookie bits stayed crunchy. The 150g cup was 190 calories, 12g of protein and 4.5g of fat. I liked it so much that I've purchased several more cups. 4 out of 5 stars.

* Vanilla with toasted almonds: The vanilla flavor was mild, as in, not much vanilla flavor. The thick and creamy texture was pleasing. The chopped almonds from Blue Diamond were nice but boring. I liked how it wasn’t that sweet. 3 out of 5 stars.

Yopa! has live and active yogurt cultures. I found Yopa! on sale at Von’s for $1 each.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: