Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy Fro-yo Christmas


Fro-yo girl here. It’s Christmas Eve and a perfect day for fro-yo. Doesn’t gingerbread or peppermint fro-yo sound good? I can’t say that I like egg nog fro-yo but I don’t like egg nog either. 

I made a delicious batch of cranberry frozen yogurt using my Cuisinart ICE-21 automatic frozen yogurt maker and I decided to share the recipe. It’s tart of course.


Cranberry tart frozen yogurt

Ingredients:

  • 1 ½ cups of Greek nonfat plain yogurt
  • ½ cup of thawed cranberry juice concentrate
  • 3 tbsp light corn syrup
  • 1 tbsp sweetened condensed milk (optional)

Whisk all ingredients together till smooth. Sweeten further if desired (corn syrup, light agave nectar or baker’s superfine sugar will do). Add mixture to freezer bowl. The freezer bowl should already be frozen. Turn on frozen yogurt/ice cream machine and churn for about 20 minutes till desired consistency is achieved. Enjoy! Freeze any leftovers. 

I’m sure the recipe would turn out well with lowfat or full fat Greek yogurt. Or if you don’t have Greek yogurt on hand, strain regular plain yogurt for about 4 hours.

Hope you wake up and find fro-yo gift cards in your stocking. Happy holidays to all fro-yo fans!

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

No comments: