Friday, August 5, 2011

Nobel Gummy Yogurt Sours Review


Fro-yo girl here. While waiting for my red bean ice cream crepe at Genki (they don't have fro-yo crepes) I came across a new type of yogurt candy, imported from Japan. Nobel gummy yogurt sours ($2.19 for 1.5 oz.) come in a resealable white pouch. There were other flavors of Nobel gummy sours but those they weren't yogurt flavored.

The candy is a firm white rectangle that is coated with fine sugar. It's extremely firm (too firm, even tough) and chewy. It reminds me of an extra firm jelly candy. It's a little bland but does have yogurt flavor. I'd say it has a mild tangy quality but isn't sour. The texture just isn't right.

Ingredients: sugar, corn syrup, agar agar, apple juice, glucose, acidulant, emulsifier.

3 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* GENKI CREPES & MINI MART: 330 Clement St., San Francisco, CA

No comments: