Friday, June 24, 2011

Best Fro-yo Shop Name Winner


Fro-yo girl here. Several potential fro-yo shop owners have contacted me for advice on coming up with a fro-yo shop name. I've advised against choosing a formulaic or generic name (e.g., color + type of fruit). Those types of names give the impression that the shops are like any other. I encourage people to be creative and to choose a name that fits with other elements of their marketing (e.g., decor).

I recently polled my readers and asked, which fro-yo shop has the best name? The readers have spoken...and the winner is...Blush Organic Frozen Yogurt! Congratulations to Blush. Blush is a charming word that makes me smile. I really like how they also named their signature fro-yo flavor, Blush. This Pomegranate Dragonfruit fro-yo flavor has a pretty pink color consistent with blushing. Their cherry logo is consistent with the theme as well (the color).

I liked all of the names that I picked out for the poll but some of them involve unfamiliar, foreign words (e.g., Miam Miam). Blush is clean, crisp, memorable and charming.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

No comments: